Monday, November 16, 2009

Baking Bust




Well my Sunday night baking turned out disastrous! I tried the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bread from Vanilla Sugar. The batter tasted amazing, but the bread wouldn't set up! This recipe is definitely worth trying again though! I just have to figure out what I did wrong. I'll report back.






Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bread 

By Dawn 

(inspiration from Dinners for a Year) 



¾ cup dark brown sugar

¾ cup peanut butter (I used chunky)

1 TB vanilla

2 eggs, beaten

1 ½ cups buttermilk

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted  (Used 2 ¼  cups of All Purpose Flour instead of wheat.)

1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted

4 ts baking powder

1/2 ts salt

¾ cup of milk choco chunks (I wanted chunks of choco in here) (+ ¼ more)

3 TB of melted butter +/-

Raw sugar for sprinkling



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside. 

In a small bowl mix the buttermilk and eggs together.

In another bowl sift the flours, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla; add in the buttermilk & egg mixture.

Then beat in the flour mixture; beat well until just combined. 
By hand add in the milk chocolate chunks. 

Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 50 - 55 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before unmolding. 


**note: on the last 30 minutes of baking I put a bit of melted butter on the top, then sprinkled some raw sugar chunks on the top of the bread, optional, but wonderful**

No comments: